We proudly design, develop and hand sew all OSC products from start to finish in our factory in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. With a brand established in 2009, every OSC coat is built in-house by hand and backed by over 30 years of technical Down outerwear experience and tested through arctic expeditions.
In this way, we are proud to bring you a modern brand with enduring quality and expertise you can count on. Season to season, unique technical features and attention to detail have made Outdoor Survival Canada an outerwear collection that has become synonymous with the true Canadian answer to cold weather.
Outdoor Survival Canada was created to meet the demand for a high quality functional coat for extreme conditions, not only in Canada, but also around the world. The OSC collection provides a unique combination of warmth and waterproofness that is hard to find in winter parka collections while encompassing a sense of style and fit that remains unmatched.
OSC FEATURES DICTORIAL
We’ve designed the OSC jackets with durability and practicality in mind resulting in a multitude of features. Below are all the features offered in our OSC parkas. Features vary by style, but many are offered in all of our coats.
OUR PROMISE – LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Outdoor Survival Canada will repair or replace any item found to be defective in materials or workmanship when put to normal wear and tear and cared for in accordance with the instructions. This includes, but is not limited to, zippers, clasps, stitching, buttons and snaps.
Please note that the Limited Lifetime Guarantee does not apply to any defects caused as a result of misuse, abuse, accidental circumstances or long-term wear, such as improper cleaning, neglect, accident, fire, theft, or excessive use for commercial wear. Any alterations on the product will automatically void the warranty.
For any questions or concerns regarding our policy or your garment, please contact us at email@example.com, or bring your garment back to your authorized OSC dealer for processing. Any Return Authorized (RA) warranty work must be accompanied by a proof of purchase receipt. As well, garments must be cleaned prior to sending in.
Should your measurements fall between two sizes, we would recommend choosing the smaller size.
- Do not store in plastic bag. Coats may be stored in garment bags made of fabric or left free-hanging in a closet.
- Do not dry clean. Machine wash at home for best results.
- Close all zippers, fasten all buttons and cover all Velcro fastenings
- Remove fur trim and do not wash or dry clean. You may clean fur trim by dusting or brushing off dirt with a bristled brush. Otherwise must be professionally cleaned by furrier
- Machine wash (preferably using front loading machine) on gentle cycle in cold water (30C / 85F) rather with a Down detergent (e.g. Down wash from Grangers, Nikwax), otherwise mild detergent.
- Do not bleach and avoid adding fabric softener
- Remove immediately upon wash completion and tumble dry low heat with 2-3 clean Tennis balls or clean Tennis shoe to avoid Down clumps and to loft the Down back up to its original loft and warmth. (May take over an hour).
- It is especially important to remove light coloured coats from the wash immediately after the washing cycle has ended as yellow water stains can appear if coat starts to dry.
- Do not iron
FRESHEN UP AFTER STORAGE
- Occasionally, you can also “freshen” up your coat without washing, by putting it in a cool dryer (on air dry) with 2-3 clean tennis balls or a clean tennis shoe, for l0-15 minutes. This lofts the Down to return the coat to its optimal warmth.
- For fur that has been crushed, aggressively shake hood with both hands to fluff up.